Saturday, February 22, 2014

Bird Cage

Hello my friends! Today I want to share a spring card. No surprise here :) I really enjoyed making it and I love the outcome.


I started with a background. I made a cloud template and inked clouds with Broken China Distress Ink  to the card front.
And to finish off my card I made some tiny pearls all around the grass and to the blossom centers with white Pearl Pen. After pearls was dry, I colored them with yellow marker.


I'm very pleased with my bird cage. I made my own cut file for it. After cutting the bird cage I covered it with
Versamark ink and heat embossed with White Detail EP. I added more Versamark ink, sprinkled some Skylight EP in random places and heat embossed again. I covered everything with Versamark ink once more and added a layer of Magic Speckle on top. After heating it with heat gun the cage looked awesome. Love the effect that Magic Speckle gives. Can you see the shine on the photo? You can't even tell that it is a paper. Then the bird cage was put together I glued some fuzzy yarn to the inside of the cage and tied a piece of twine on top of the cage.

If you have a Silhouette machine you can get the cut file from here. If you don't have a cutting machine, don't be sad. you still can make one. I made a little guide what pieces you'll need or you can cut out exact same bird cage. This file is in here.

I used lovely bird from Shabby Chic Birdhouse Stamp Set #481. Bird is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Promarkers. Image is cut out with scissors by leaving small white border all around. 


Both grass layers are cut out from the same paper, I just inked one of them with Pine Needle Distress Ink. I used the left over negative piece of grass as a mask to ink the grass to the card base. Brads were covered with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Caramel EP. Same EP was used to heat emboss the sentiment.


Beside the bird cage I'm really happy with the frame too. The frame is made of textured watercolor cardstock. I inked it with light coat of Versamark ink. I added White Detail EP on top. After tapping off the excess powder I took a toothpick and scraped some EP away. I made vertical lines to mimic wood-grain texture. After heat embossing I inked the frame with Broken China Distress Ink. With damp cloth I wiped off the excess ink. Then I took Versamarker pen and draw some lines to the inside and outside edges of the frame. This was covered with Dust Storm EP and heat embossed.


The frame is lift off with two layers of foam tape. To hide the tape peeking from side I wrapped white twine all around the frame sides.


You can see the full instructions of this card in the SNS gallery here.

Materials used:
Stamp Credit: Shabby Chic Birdhouse Stamp Set #481; 
Embossing Powders: White Detail (EP298), Skylight (EP212), Magic Speckle (EP175), Dust Storm (EP131), Caramel (EP116);
Adhesieves: 1/8" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT02), Mega Tack Glue (545), Foam tape;
Inks: VersaMark Pad (712353310018); Versamarker pen (99561); Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black (712353259003); Tim Holtz Distress inks - Tea Dye (789541019510), Broken China (789541021414), Pine Needle;
Papers: White, brown and light green cardstocks, watercolor cardstock;
Dies: Sbellbinder - Cherry Blossoms, Back to Basics Tags; Memory Box - Fabulous Phlox; Poppystamps – Grassland Border;
Other supplies: Viva Decor Pearl Pen - Ice White, fuzzy yarn, white twine, brads; 
Coloring: Promarkers.

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
OneCrazyStamper.com - Anything goes 26.2 
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything goes 26.02
Totally Papercrafts - Spring 27.2
Feeling Crafty Challenge - Dies and/or punches 28.2
Beccy's Place - Anything goes w Beccy's image 28.2
Scribble and Scrap Crafts - Anything goes 28.2 
Card Makin Mamas - Stack it up 6.3
Thank you for your visit.
Have a beautiful weekend!
Hugs and smiles, 
Eret

16 comments:

  1. Nii ilus kevadine kaart ja linnupuur on väga efektne! Päris palju nikerdamist on sellise kaardiga. Minu jaoks oli uus teadmine, et ka Pearl Pen´ iga tehtud pärle saab värvida. Ma olen küll tavalisi pärle edukalt Promarkeritega vävinud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Eret and certainly has captured Spring with the pretty blossoms, blue clouds and bird, really lovely work.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome... love how you put the little pearls in the grass, but the bird cage takes the top honors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is stunning Eret. Such a wonderful Spring time design. Your birdcage looks amazing. I love the way you have placed the beautiful image and the grass looks fabulous too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous!! Such a clever idea..


    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons for our challenge and good luck!

    Hugs,
    Karen. DT.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I mentioned this previously (privately), but what an inspirational, gorgeous piece of artwork, Eret. Love the soft colors and the pretty dimension. I am always surprised coming to your blog - never know what I will find, but positive that it will always be fabulous! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever - love how you did the grass, the bird cage is amazing! ... and who would have thought about hiding the space between the layers with twine? Oh .. you did! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! You've outdone yourself - again! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! I love the idea of the cage popping out and the frame. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is super Eret, I love how you made the bird cage 3D and so many beautiful details.
    Thanks for playing along at Totally PaperCrafts this week and good luck
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, amazing card Eret!!! I love all the lovely techniques you've used to achieve the look of your card.. The 3D cage is amazing! and all the embossing techniques are really unique! thank you so much for joining our Always anything goes challenge at Scribble and Scrap !
    Mirella DK
    DT Scribble and Scrap Challenge (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eret this is a stunning, stunning card, your attention to detail is brilliant hun, many thanks for joining us at Feeling Crafty this month, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is gorgeous Eret! I really love the way you created the bird cage and attached it to the card, the 3D looks fantastic. I also love the beautiful frame you made. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a neat card, TFS with us at OCS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw this on Beccy's site--love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous Spring card Eret, love the bird cage. Thanks for joining us this fortnight for our Stack It Up Challenge at Card Makin' Mamas. Hope you can join us for our new challenge on Friday, good luck! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...