Saturday, August 5, 2017

Elf Peeker

Hi! Today I have a fun little interactive card to share made with Sparkle N Sprinkle stamps and glitters. I used two new digi sets and one older rubber stamp on it: Elf Peeker DIGI858, Winter Greetings Bird and Wreath DIGI855 and Tree Scene 723.
The card looks a bit boring at first - a nice winter scene and silent "psst.." echoing behind the wall...

But if you pull the tag on the side, things will start to happen...

Hehee... I love this adorable peeking elf. As said before, he is from Elf Peeker Digital stamp set. He comes as a rubber version as well. But for this card I preferred digi set. That allowed me to make the Elf and sentiments as large as I needed and because Sparkle N Sprinkle digi sets comes with pre-colored images, I didn't had to spend time for coloring. I just added covered the bells on his hat with Limoncello Nuvo Jewel Drops.
Background is made with Tree Scene stamp. I stamped the scene with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I masked both trees and stamped third one in the middle. Coloring is done with Promarkers. To make the snow sparkle I adhered Cloud Nine Microfine Glitter to the trees and the ground with Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen. Falling snowflakes was made with White Nuvo Crystal Drops.


Wreath is from Winter Greetings Bird and Wreath Digi Set. Again I used one of the colored image. I added sparkle to it with Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen and few glitters: Aqua Marine for sprigs and Lemonade for berries. Berries are also covered with Limoncello Jewel Drops. A little bow and dot of White Crystal Drops was added to decorate it. 
To make the wall I took a piece of white cardstock and inked it with Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, and Tea Dye. After dry embossing it with brick embossing folder I added some Hickory Smoke Distress ink for shading. It needed something more so I added a 'frost' with Mother of Pearl Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.


I know that yellow and snow don't go together but I need a bit more yellow to bring out the yellow berries and bells. I adhered 1/2" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape to the edges of the card base and covered it with Lemonade Glitter. 


Materials used:
Stamp CreditsElf Peeker DIGI858BG, Winter Greetings Bird and Wreath DIGI855FS, Tree Scene #723;
GlittersCloud Nine (GM2000), Aqua Marine (G1062), Lemonade (G1091);
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink (Broken China, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Hickory Smoke);
Dies: Spellbinders (Back to Basic Tags);
Coloring Medium: Promarkers;
Adhesives1/2" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (SAT04), Small tip Nuvo Glue Pen;
Cardstock: White;
EmbellishmentsNuvo Crystal Drops (White), Nuvo Jewel Drops (Limoncello);
Others: Brick Embossing Folder, Twine, Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (Mother of Pearl);

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles 
Eret

2 comments:

  1. What a great card, Eret! I love the interactive element, but mostly, it is your ingenuity, beautifully colored images, and darling scenes that captivate my heart! Beautiful card. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card Eret. Great idea to do the slider. Very fun interactive card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...